MV Switchgears are designed, manufactured and tested for switching, protection and control purposes in alternating current systems from 1 kV to 52 kV according to the IEC 62271-200 standard and TEDAŞ MYD regulation.
MV Switchgears are designed, manufactured and tested for switching, protection and control purposes in alternating current systems from 1 kV to 52 kV according to the IEC 62271-200 standard and TEDAŞ MYD regulation. Aktif Brand switchgears which are manufactured by considering switchgear, operator and operation safety and fully compatible with remote monitoring and control systems.
General list and specifications for switching products in medium voltage level as below.
|Insulation||Air||Air||Air||Air||Gas (SF6 Free)||Gas (SF6)|
|Loss of Service Continuity (LSC)||2A||2B||2B||2B||2||2A|
|Internal Arc Classification (IAC)||AFL||AFLR||AFLR||AFLR||AFLR||AFL|
|Electrical Features (Up to)|
|Rated Voltage (kV)||40.5||46||36||36||36||36|
|Rated Current (A)||1250||4000||4000||2500||2000||630|
|Short Circuit Withstand Current (rms)(kA) and Time (s)||25/1||40/3||40/3||40/3||31.5/3||20/1|
|Internal Arc Withstand Current(rms) (kA) and Time (s)||25/1||40/3||40/3||40/1||31.5/1||20/1|
MV Switchgears are manufactured in accordance with the service conditions mentioned below.
|Average period of 24h||35°C|
|Humidity||Max. (period of 24h)||95%|
|Max. (period of one month)||90%|
MV Switchgears are classified in 4 main groups as follows according to the IEC 62271-200 standard.
Partition Class defines whether metal or non-metal materials are used to isolate live compartments from each other.
- PM Partition : Opened accessible parts and live parts of the main circuit are separated by grounded metal partitions.
- PI Partition : Opened accessible parts and live parts of the main circuit are separated by non-metallic insulating materials.
1-Internal Arc Classification (IAC)
It is the classification of metal-enclosed switchgear and controlgear in which the criteria stipulated for the protection of persons in the event of internal arcing are met and the accuracy is tested by appropriate testing. Considering the possible accessibility of the switchgear in the field, 3 types of accessibility have been defined.
Type A accessibility : Authorized personnel only
Type B accessibility : Public unrestricted accessibility
Type C accessibility: Defined for pole type cells.
The metal-enclosed switchgear and controller may have different types of accessibility in various aspects. The following codes should be used to define accessibility in different directions:
F : Front
L : Side faces
R : Rear side
3-Loss of Service Continuity (LSC)
It is the classification that defines the energized state of other cells and/or functional units when a main circuit switchgear is opened.
- LSC2: Indicates that the single busbar switchgear and control assembly has accessible sections outside the main busbar compartment. Two subsections are defined.
- LSC 2A : defines the switchgears that opening and interfering of switching compartment is allowed while only busbar compartment is energized.
- LSC 2B : defines the switchgears that opening and interfering of switching compartment is allowed while both cable and busbar compartment is energized.
4-Insulation Class of Switchgears
- Air Insulated
- Gas Insulated
Medium Voltage Swithcgears are used to meet the protection, control and switching needs of many sectors such as:
- Energy transmission – distribution,
- Renewable power plants,
- Business centers
- Power generation plants,
- Iron and steel industry,
- Rolling mills, oil and gas industry,
- Chemical industry,
- Automotive industry