MV Switchgears are designed, manufactured and tested for switching, protection and control purposes in alternating current systems from 1 kV to 52 kV according to the IEC 62271-200 standard and Tedaş MYD.
MV Switchgears are classified in 4 main groups as follows according to the IEC 62271-200 standard.
- PM Partition: Switchgear providing continuous metallic partitions and/or shutters, intended to be earthed, between opened accessible compartments and live parts of the main circuits.
- PI Partition : Switchgear having one or more non- metallic partitions or shutters between opened accessible compartments and live parts of the main circuit.
2-Internal Arc Classification (IAC)
- SME series LSC-2A type metal enclosed switchgears internal arc classification is AFL,
- SNC and SMC series LSC-2B type metal clad switchgears internal arc classification is AFLR.
A: Only authorized personnel can access
F: Accessible from the front
L: Accessible from the lateral
R: Accessible from rear
3-Loss of Service Continuity (LSC)
- LSC 2A : defines the switchgears that opening and interfering of switching compartment is allowed while only busbar compartment is energized.
- LSC 2B : defines the switchgears that opening and interfering of switching compartment is allowed while both cable and busbar compartment is energized.
4-Isolation of Cells
- Air Insulated
- Gas Insulated
Aktif Elektroteknik manufactures SME series Air Insulated LSC 2A (Metal Enclosed) and SNC / SMC series LSC 2B (Metal Clad) type switchgears.
MV Metal Clad Modular Switchgears are used to in sectors such as below and all sectors necessary electrical energy;
- Energy transmission – distribution,
- Renewable power plants,
- Power generation plants,
- Iron and steel industry,
- Rolling mills, oil and gas industry,
- Chemical industry,
- Automotive industry