Power Quality and Energy
Power quality engineering is the application of measures electrical system with the proper equipment by expert engineers who must be competent in Power Quality and generating of site analysis reports according to international standards.
Power quality measurement principles have been specified at TS EN 50160, IEC 61000-4-7, IEC 61000-4-15, and IEC 61000-4-30 standards. Correct measurement should be made according to these principles, from the appropriate point, with correct periods and sampling sensitivity, and the necessary data should be obtained for the analysis to be performed.
Since 1996, Aktif has been providing that’s the measurement, analysis, reporting, solution providing, design, manufacturing, commissioning, consultancy and power quality services at all levels, all where there is electricity.
- Analyzing electrical network and determining the problems
- Designing best solutions according to measurement data and analysis
- Providing most economic solutions
- Preventing of reactive penalties
- Removing of energy losses
- Allowing more effective usage of the transformer
- Increasing the life of electrical equipment like transformer, motors, switches, etc
During the power quality measurement, the following parameters should be recorded;
- Voltage Sag
- Voltage Swell
- Voltage Interruption
- Voltage Unbalance
- Power Frequency
- Flicker-Pst, Plt
In addition to above measurements, the following data should be recorded during measurement of:
• Voltage Measurements: Vrms, Vr, Vs, Vt, Vo, Vpoz, Vneg
• Current Measurements: Irms, Ir, Is, It, Io, Ipoz, Ineg
• Crest Factor Measurements: CF-Vr, CF-Vs, CF-Vt, CF-Ir, CF-Is, CF-It