The main advantages of Asset NCP12 GPRS Communication Unit are listed below:
- Ability to work and notify head-end system for 15 minutes after energy cut off
- Two expansion slots for additional communication and IO ports
- Wide range ac/dc auxiliary supply.
Asset NCP12 GPRS Communication UnitAsset NCP12 GPRS Communication Unit (Smart GPRS Modem) is used to monitor and control electricity, water, gas meters and other control equipment over GSM/GPRS network. Modem supports commonly used protocols like IEC 62056-21, DLMS/Cosem, Modbus-RTU, M-Bus (with module) etc. This enables NCP12 to communicate and transfer the read values to Head-End systems with almost all meters in the market. Asset NCP12 GPRS Communication Unit - Smart GPRS Modem can either work with Push method where communication device reads the meters on pre-defined times and transfers the data to AMR system or work with Pull method where AMR system requests the data. The user defined readout schedules on the device, enables it to read all connected meters and send the measurements to central system periodically. The built-in inputs of Asset NCP12 GPRS Communication Unit - Smart GPRS Modem can be used as pulse counter to communicate and count the consumptions of mechanical meters like water and gas. Likewise, inputs can be used to monitor panel cover openings, circuit breaker/valve position changes and other alarm contacts.
Asset NCP12 GPRS Communication Unit - Smart GPRS Modem is a modular device and two different modules can be mounted. The types of the modules are:
- Ethernet module for communication redundancy
- M-bus module to communicate with other meters
- IO modules to have more inputs and outputs.
- Memory expansion
Asset NCP12 GPRS Communication Unit | Technical FeaturesThe technical specifications of Asset NCP12 GPRS Communication Unit are listed below:
- ARM Cortex M3 processor, Telit GSM/GPRS module
- 1 MB internal memory
- 85 – 265 Vac, 120 – 370 Vdc auxiliary supply
- 2 pcs digital output (expandable and can be used as relay output)
- 2 pcs digital input (expandable)
- 25F Super capacitor to notify energy cut off while de-energized for 15 minutes.
- Remote firmware update