What Are The Advantages of Isolated Power Panels?
There are specific safety standards that require the use of isolated power systems in healthcare facilities to minimize the hazards of electrocution and power interruption. As several fires and explosion cases in operating rooms of healthcare facilities started to grow in the 1920s, it was an alarming situation because the majority of the accidents were happening due to static electricity. Hence, experts started to work on creating a safety standard. Today, isolated systems are commonly used in healthcare facilities for protection against electrical shock and power interruption. So, that brings us to the benefits of isolated power panels.
Electrical energy is critical for hospitals and medical facilities. Isolated power systems prevent damage to hospital staff and patients from electrical energy. In fact, an insulating power system is an ungrounded electrical solution for various applications in a hospital. These insulating power systems remain operational in a single fault from line to ground. These systems are also more sensitive to leakage current. In addition, these systems eliminate the risk of electric shock for patients.
What Are Isolated Power Panels and How They Work?
Isolated power panels are commonly used in medical locations. The isolated power system comprises various test combinations (e.g., isolation power panels), auxiliary devices, isolation monitoring device, insulation transformer, and remote alarm panels. In case there is an isolation fault, isolation power panels start to work to ensure there is no power interruption and the equipment keeps on functioning without any delay whatsoever. It also drops fault currents to values that are not critical. Isolation power panels play a crucial role by also monitoring isolation level and converting the fault to an alarm signal. The alarm helps notify the technical personnel or nurses about the issue.
There is continuous monitoring of load current information and transformer temperature to make sure that there is swift detection if any of it exceeds the set values. To avoid any interruptions in the power supply, it prevents a second insulation fault as well.
Benefits of Isolated Power Panels
Here are the leading benefits of isolated power panels:
- It is a big challenge to ensure there is power continuity in hospitals. Still, Isolated power panels make sure there is continuity of power in an instance of the first insulation fault.
- One of the biggest advantages of isolated power panels is improved safety. As the life-supporting equipment in the hospitals is very expensive, it can easily get damaged without an isolated power system. The isolation transformer prevents the potential of an electrical shock due to defective equipment
- The isolated power panels prevent the hazards of electrical shock by providing isolated power to electrical systems in the medical locations
- With isolated power panels, there is no power interruption caused by the isolation fault. For the safety of personnel and patients, the fault current is decreased to non-critical levels
- Electrical fault diagnosis and monitoring of electrical equipment is taken under guarantee
- There is robust protection against the faulty current that can cause a fire
- There is the prevention of electrical faults of expensive medical equipment
- Moreover, there is the prevention of suspension for operating as well
- There are reduced operational and maintenance costs
- Another benefit of isolation power panels is that they ensure the medical equipment keeps on functioning even when there is a power malfunction
More Interested: Operating Room Control Panels
Isolated Power Panels Underline
Isolated power panels play a pivotal role in keeping sensitive healthcare equipment fully powered and protected. And when there is an issue, the system alarm activates which doesn’t affect the operations of medical equipment and gives time to technical personnel and nurses to rectify the fault.
If you want to ask any questions related to isolated power panels, please feel free to contact us anytime.