Stationary Load banks are used in many industrial areas and applications. Stationary Load banks, which are used to test variable electrical loads, stand out with their wide range of use. These systems, which have a wide range of use in the industry from planned maintenance processes to generator tests, are indispensable for electrical engineering. Since the characteristics of each test are different, the load bank selection should be made carefully.
- These series can be manufactured for IP20 protection levels for indoor use, IP20 for outdoor use under shelter, or IP23 for outdoor use in the open area.
- Load banks over 500 kW are generally produced as fixed type.
Major areas of use of stationary load banks are listed below.
- Testing whether the products such as power transformer, generator, alternator, UPS, regulator provide the design values and reporting the electrical values read or recorded during the test. Testing the generators, UPS or regulators after maintenance or repair.
- No-load operation of generators is not requested. In this case, automatically providing dummy load when the load supplied by a generator falls below a certain level (ideally 30%)
- Automatic damping of the regenerative power which is created when facilities where high-power motors are driven by regenerative drives are supplied by generators.
- Load dispatch test at power plants.
- Testing of alternators used by military or civil air, road or marine vehicles.
- Controlled discharge and capacity testing of batteries.
- Electrical and heat simulation and performance tests of data centers.
- Invertor performance tests.